Published on 1 June, 2015
|The U.S. patents validate Identiv’s NFC, mobile and security inventions
Identiv, Inc. has been awarded four U.S. patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for its NFC, mobile and security inventions. Identiv has a strong intellectual property (IP) portfolio of more than 75 patents, granted and pending.
“Google and Apple are continuing to drive Near Field Communication (NFC) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) compatibility within mobile handsets targeted at the payment and advertising markets. This nearly universal technology furthers Identiv’s objective of allowing people to use their mobile devices to interact with physical objects and sensors with touch or presence,” said Matthew Herscovitch, CTO of Identiv. “These patents validate our innovative approach to solving the problems of privacy and security in the connected world, especially for mobile NFC devices as they interact with the Internet of Things (IoT).”
New patents awarded by the USPTO include:
- 13/774,490 - Method and System for Providing Identity, Authentication, and Access Services: A bring your own device (BYOD) system that grants simple and low-cost physical access by enabling employees and other authorised users to use their NFC mobile devices to open building doors and authenticate to IoT devices, reducing costs and improving security.
- 13/327,824 - Developing and Executing Workflow Processes Associated with Data-Encoded Tags: The invention leverages NFC/BLE mobile devices to enable content owners and advertisers greater analytics and end-users with more relevant dynamic content that is based on presence, touch and other characteristics, improving user experience and content owner productivity.
- 8,991,709 - Tamper-Proof RFID Label: The invention allows product owners to make their products tamper-proof to verify safety and authenticity of a product using NFC/BLE enabled mobile devices. Companies can protect their brand from the rapidly proliferating fake goods markets.
- 9,053,313 - Method and System for Providing Continued Access to Authentication and Encryption Services: The invention leverages derived virtual secure elements to enable continued secure access and privacy of information, improving customer experience and productivity.
- Identiv Labs is the company’s research and design hub that supports next generation products built on the foundation of identity, security, connectivity, and mobility. The goal of Identiv Labs is to partner with customers to accelerate their products into the connected world of the Internet of Things (IoT).