Moxa´s latest two additions to its ToughNet family of Ethernet switches, TN-5816 and TN-5818, add Layer 3 routing to give system integrators the flexibility to deploy applications across networks and expand the range of network routing functionality available to railway automation networks. Like all ToughNet switches, the TN-5816 and TN-5818 are rugged, high-performance Ethernet switches with the rigor to stand up to tough onboard operating environments. The TN-5818 also adds Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-bandwidth applications.
Onboard railway networks that need to integrate several subsystems, or perhaps flexibly accommodate many different VLANs, must use switches with Layer 3 routing to manage communications. ToughNet TN-5816/5818 switches are compliant with railway standards, including EN 50121-4 and the relevant sections of EN 50155. Bypass relay functionality, vibration-resistant M12 connectors, wide power input range, redundant power supply input, are all combined in a tough IP54-rated metal package to create a resilient product that easily overcomes the rigors of fast-moving train operations. Wide operating temperature models are also available for operations in extreme temperature environments.
- Layer 3 routing interconnects multiple LAN segments
- 4 Fast Ethernet ports and 2 optional Gigabit ports with bypass relay function.
- Wide power input range from 12 to 110 VDC (LV-MV model)
- Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 12/24/36/48 VDC, 72/96/110 VDC, or 110/220 VDC/VAC power supply range
- Compliant with EN 50121-4 and relevant sections of EN 50155
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature range (T models)