Published on 11 June, 2014
|Sony's SNC-XM631 is part of the company's 6th generation of video security cameras
At IFSEC 2014, Sony showcases how current and future technologies can be integrated into a security environment with live technology demonstrations of Sony and partner solutions. It will also be introducing 4K technology and its content collaboration solution, Vision Presenter. The company also demonstrates its continuing innovation in the video security sector as it announced the latest addition to its X-Series camera range, the SNC-XM631.
4K Imaging Technology
Sony will be using IFSEC 2014 as a platform to demonstrate how the latest 4K technologies could be used in the security industry to drive new levels of image clarity. The company will be showcasing a 4K imaging technology prototype to demonstrate how the increased image detail and clarity afforded by 4K could provide new opportunities for demanding security applications, allowing security professionals to monitor large areas in great detail with a single camera. Users would be able to monitor entire scenes, as well dynamically cropping the image to focus on multiple specific areas of interest.
“At IFSEC 2014, we are showcasing our most advanced imaging technologies ever, and using the opportunity to obtain feedback from attendees on the latest products and applications” said Roger Lawrence, Video Security Product Manager at Sony Europe. “4K in the video security market is not yet a reality, but as a company committed to driving innovation, we’re using the opportunity to demonstrate and investigate the potential end-user benefits this technology could bring to market.”
Vision presenter solution
Sony is also illustrating the potential security applications for its recently launched content collaboration solution – Vision Presenter. The solution, which combines visual information from multiple sources into one dynamic display, allows users to easily control and monitor content and bring online data and live video footage together. At IFSEC, it will showcase how the solution could be adopted into control rooms and incident rooms for security, safety and many other applications, and obtain feedback from the market on how such a solution could transform the security arena.
New SNC-XM631 camera
The SNC-XM631 is the latest addition to Sony’s X-Series camera range - part of the company’s 6th Generation of video security cameras. The new IP network, mini-dome cameras are fully IPELA ENGINE EX capable, allowing the SNC-XM631 to deliver Full HD picture quality in challenging lighting conditions with Sony´s unique wide dynamic range technology View-DR and Image Stabilisation. The camera has a wide viewing angle (113°) for improved installation flexibility, it is vandal resistant with IK10 rating, and has sensor In/Out capability for easy integration.
The SNC-XM631 is ideal for a number of interior applications, including those across the education, banking and retail market, where proprietors want maximum, high quality coverage for with minimal camera presence. It complements Sony’s broader range of solutions from the affordable C-Series to the high end W-Series, and is evidence of Sony’s continued investment in developing end-to-end security
solutions for vertical applications. The SNC-XM631 will be available through Sony’s product distribution channel in the September, 2014.
|Sony 4K technology will let users to monitor entire scenes, as well dynamically cropping the image
Recreating challenging real-life surveillance requirements, Sony will demonstrate the customer benefits of its product range across the transport, retail, city surveillance and banking markets. Designed specifically for vertical markets, Sony will showcase solutions for:
- Transport – with excellent image coverage under challenging lighting conditions and moving environments, Sony’s X, W, and E-Series are suited to all transportation needs, keeping travellers safe on- board, and traffic flowing smoothly. Sony’s work with Teleste, which will be demoed at the show, illustrates the ease in which its cameras and network technology can be integrated to provide live streaming and the ultimate monitoring solution for bustling train and bus stations.
- City Surveillance – using the multi award-winning W-Series cameras, Sony’s city surveillance solution showcases a unique solution in partnership with OWLS AG (Outdoor Wireless Lighting Solutions). By combining high quality cameras with a low-energy lamppost, the stable, true-colour images of the OWLS ATHINA CCTV System can help to ensure safety on every street, alleyway or defined area.
- Retail - from the affordable C-Series, to the 360-degree Hemispheric-view Camera H-Series, providing coverage on a large scale with fewer cameras, Sony’s compact designs, affordable price points and industry leading 3 year Prime Support and NAS based solutions, partnering with Synology, meet the demands of retailers by balancing technological expectations and budget restraints.
- Banking – the compact design and excellent image quality of H-series and E-series provide complete security coverage inside the bank and rugged models for outdoors. Completing its banking offering, partnering with Milestone, Sony will be displaying a VMS solution with transaction tracking allowing incidents to be quickly retrieved and reviewed
- Technology Demos – Sony show live demos of their Imaging technologies demonstrating how they deliver excellent image quality under any lighting condition, thanks to View-DR, Low Light Sensitivity, Advanced IR and Dynamic Light response.
Sony will be exhibiting at IFSEC on Stand G600, at the ExCeL Centre – Sony’s IFSEC Hub