Published on 30 March, 2012
|The 3 and 5 megapixel (MP) cameras on the H3 platform capture high quality HD video surveillance footage
Avigilon, a leader in high-definition (HD) and megapixel video surveillance solutions, announced at ISC West 2012 its next-generation H.264 camera technology, the H3 platform with enhanced High-Definition Stream Management™ (HDSM). Requiring four times less bandwidth in challenging lighting conditions than previous generations of H.264 cameras, H3 takes full advantage of Avigilon’s innovative HDSM technology.
The 3 and 5 megapixel (MP) cameras on the H3 platform capture high quality HD video surveillance footage up to 2.5 times the resolution of 1080p. These high-definition cameras will help security professionals monitor a variety of wide areas with unsurpassed image clarity. The H3 3 and 5 MP dome and box-body cameras feature a 3-9 mm lens with P-Iris and wide-dynamic range (3 MP) for industry-leading performance in variable lighting conditions. The cameras also have remote focus and zoom for ease of installation.
“Avigilon is committed to providing customers with innovative high-definition video surveillance solutions to help our customers protect their assets,” said Keith Marett, vice president of marketing and communications of Avigilon. “We provide our customers with exceptional value through industry-leading image quality, and low bandwidth and storage requirements. Our H3 platform takes our commitment to our customers even further with four times less bandwidth and even better image clarity.”
Avigilon’s 3 and 5 MP cameras on the H3 platform deliver the following features and benefits:
- Enhanced High-Definition Stream Management™ allows for expanded multi-streaming for efficient playback on the Avigilon Control Center software;
- Advanced data aging reduces long-term archival storage requirements up to 20 times;
- Improved low-light image performance provides superior images at night;
- Wide-dynamic-range performance (3 MP) covers scenes with challenging illumination in high detail;
- Remote focus and zoom for maximum image clarity and ease of installation;
- Integrated 3-9mm F1.2 lens with P-Iris support maximizes image quality by allowing the camera to manage auto-iris positioning;
- ONVIF compliance to provide open support of leading video management systems;
- Image transmission over IP networks using the latest H.264 technology to achieve the lowest network bandwidth, requiring minimal storage for video at high frame rates with superior image quality;
- Powered by Power over Ethernet, 12 VDC, or 24 VAC.
The 3 and 5 MP cameras on the H3 platform will begin shipping in May 2012.