Published on 24 September, 2013
AXIS M3026-VE Network Camera is a small and affordably priced, outdoor-ready and vandal-resistant fixed dome with 3-megapixel resolution, day/night functionality and enhanced capacity for video streaming and intelligent video applications. The latest in the AXIS M30 Series to be launched, AXIS M3026-VE is ideal for installations at hotels, petrol stations, restaurants, offices and schools, in areas that are sometimes dark and in need of a wide-angle, light-sensitive, day/night camera.
The outdoor-ready AXIS M3026-VE provides 3 MP and HDTV 1080p video with enhanced capacity for intelligent video applications.
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today presents AXIS M3026-VE, which provides 3-megapixel and HDTV 1080p video with a 106° horizontal angle of view. AXIS M3026-VE has an automatically removable infrared-cut filter, which enables the camera to capture colour video during daytime conditions and make use of infrared (IR) light in low-light conditions for high-quality black and white video.
“AXIS M3026-VE further strengthens our highly successful fixed mini dome product offerings,” says Erik Frännlid, Axis’ Director of Product Management. AXIS M30 Series now comprises eight products including the recently launched outdoor-ready AXIS M3024-LVE with built-in IR illuminators and the 2-megapixel AXIS M3025-VE.
“AXIS M3026-VE will be attractive for price-sensitive markets that are looking for a small and competitively priced outdoor-ready fixed dome that offers a detailed wide-angle view with 3-megapixel resolution, good light sensitivity, day/night functionality, input/output ports for external devices and substantial capacity for video analytics,” says Frännlid.
As with other cameras in the series, AXIS M3026-VE enables quick and easy installation. It can be mounted on walls or ceilings, and the camera direction can be easily adjusted. The camera supports Corridor Format for vertically oriented video streams that maximise coverage of areas such as along walls and aisles. It also comes focused at delivery, which shortens the installation time. It has a 2 m (6.6 ft.) network cable and is powered using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af). A separate outdoor housing is not required as the camera is outdoor-ready with IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings, which ensure protection against dust, rain and snow. The camera also has an IK10 rating for resistance against impacts.
AXIS M3026-VE is now available for order through Axis distribution channels.
The camera’s other features include:
- Multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG video formats.
- Multi-view streaming, enabling different areas in the camera’s field of view to be cropped from the full view and streamed simultaneously for viewing or recording. Multi-view streaming can help reduce bandwidth and storage use while enabling a large area to be covered with just one camera.
- Wide Dynamic Range with dynamic contrast for handling difficult lighting conditions.
- Enhanced alarm management with one input and one output port for connection to external devices.
- Intelligent video applications such as video motion detection and tampering alarm, as well as enhanced capacity for additional applications through AXIS Camera.
- Application Platform (e.g., people counting).
- The camera’s built-in memory card slot enables several days of recording to be stored locally on a memory card. When it is used together with the free
- AXIS Camera Companion, users have an easy way to remotely view and manage video from up to 16 cameras per site.
- AXIS M3026-VE is also supported by other video management software including AXIS Camera Station and third-party applications through
- Axis’ Application Development Partner program. In addition, the camera supports AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.