Published on 18 January, 2012
QNAP Systems, Inc. recently announced new V3.6 beta NAS management software for its Turbo NAS series, providing highly anticipated features such as VPN Server, LDAP Server, and Proxy Server, cloud music and photo sharing with a web browser, enhanced backup features, and more. Firmware V3.6 beta also includes new version of MyCloudNAS 1.2, QPKG center and more compatible IP camera.
Firmware V3.6 beta provides several new business-class features. The VPN Server offers the businesses with a cost-saving way to create a secure and private network. The LDAP Server simplifies mass account management and saves business' IT hardware expenditure. The Proxy Server provided with the "Squid" QPKG provides the IT administrator a great solution to manage network loading yet maintain network security. "Firmware V3.6 beta proves the Turbo NAS firmware is business-ready," commented Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. Bandwidth control for Real Time Remote Replication (RTRR) and rsync backup is also included in firmware V3.6 beta.
"Backup enhancements take an important role in this release, too," added Hsu. The new NetBak Replicator 4 added email notifications. A new third-party cloud storage backup service Symform® is now available that provides up to 200 GB of free cloud space.
Firmware V3.6 beta also pleases music and photo enthusiasts with the brand new Music Station that turns the Turbo NAS into a cloud music center with terabytes of songs and Photo Station that makes online photo sharing simple and fun.
New & enhanced features of the V3.6 beta firmware include:
- VPN Server: a cost-saving way to create a secure and private network;
- LDAP Server: simplifies mass account management and saves business' IT hardware expenditure;
- Proxy Server (Squid QPKG): provides the IT administrator a great solution to manage network loading yet maintain network security;
- Bandwidth control for RTRR and rsync backup: provides flexibility for IT administrator to arrange business bandwidth use.
- New NetBak Replicator 4: newly provides email notifications;
- Symoform cloud storage backup: provides up to 200 GB of free cloud space;
- Music Station: a web-based cloud music center with terabytes of songs;
- Photo Station: a web based online photo sharing center that makes photo sharing simple and fun;
- QPKG Center: simplifies QPKG installation and management;
- MyCloudNAS 1.2: provides email notifications to notify invited friends and family members with information on how to access the Turbo NAS;
- MyCloudNAS Connect: a Windows-based application that allows friends and family members to easily connect to the Turbo NAS with 128-bit encryption and manage file remotely;
- Web File Manager cloud sharing: Web File Manger now provides a quick way to share files with a public link or via email that does not require login;
- Storage Plug & Play: a new feature in QNAP Finder that provides a fast way to create shared folders and iSCSI target/LUN, and then map network drives or connect to an iSCSI target and LUN for storage expansion
The new V3.6 beta firmware update is available for the following QNAP Turbo NAS models:
TS-809U-RP, TS-859U-RP+, TS-859U-RP, TS-859 Pro+, TS-859 Pro, TS-809 Pro, TS-659 Pro+, TS-659 Pro II, TS-659 Pro, TS-639 Pro, TS-559 Pro+, TS-559 Pro II, TS-559 Pro, TS-509 Pro, TS-459U-RP+/SP+, TS-459U-RP/SP, TS-459 Pro+, TS-459 Pro II, TS-459 Pro, TS-439U-RP/ TS-439U-SP, TS-439 Pro II+, TS-439 Pro II, TS-439 Pro, TS-419U+, TS-419U, TS-419P II, TS-419P+, TS-419P, TS-412U, TS-412, TS-410U, TS-410, TS-259 Pro+, TS-259 Pro, TS-239 Pro II+, TS-239 Pro II, TS-239 Pro, TS-219P II, TS-219P+, TS-219P, TS-219, TS-212, TS-210, TS-119P II, TS-119P+, TS-119, TS-112, TS-110, SS-839 Pro, SS-439 Pro, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879 Pro Newly supported IP cameras:
- AXIS: 241S
- VIVOTEK: IP8330, PZ7151/ 7152
- Brickcom: CB-100Ae, CB-100Ap, CB-102Ap, FB-100Ae, FB-100Ap, FD-100Ap, FD-130Ap, OB-100Ap, VD-130Ae, VD-100Ap, VD-130Ap, WCB-100AP, WFB-100Ae, WFB-100Ap