Published on 12 February, 2013
Tamron Co., Ltd. an integrated manufacturer of optical products and a leader in the security market, has released the Model 300QV-P-CM, a mega-pixel IP Panorama Camera 180-View, a new type of security camera with a fish-eye lens that delivers a 180° horizontal angle of view.
The security market has recently experienced upgrades of installation infrastructure, and the installation of highly convenient IP cameras is expanding. There are also a large number of customers who are requesting the functions of cameras to be maximized by allowing certain areas of images to be cropped and enlarged. Tamron has developed the 180° horizontal angle of view Panorama Camera 180-View Model 300QV-P-CM to meet these needs. This product maximizes the high quality image as the leading manufacturer of optical equipment, and proprietary image processing technology to provide a new range of solutions to various monitoring requirements, from analogue to IP.
1. Equipped with a 180° horizontal angle of view fish-eye lens
- The inclusion of a fish-eye lens provides a 180° horizontal angle of view and images without any blind spots, all with a single camera.
- F/1.7 is accomplished to enhance the sensitivity of the camera, which realizes the top class in the panorama camera market.
2. High quality image HD (1.2 mega-pixel) output
- Dual stream both Quad VGA (as original image) and VGA (as distortion correction image).
- Both types of image formats can be output simultaneously.
- Comes equipped with 2048 x 1535 effective pixels sensor. (* 1.2 mega-pixel output)
3. Incorporates proprietary image processing technology
- Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct any distortions in images captured with the fish-eye lens, within the camera. Therefore no additional software is required.
- The camera can also be controlled with ActiveX-compatible web browsers.
- Equipped with motion detection function, panoramic display (2-stage), desktop mode, and split display (up to 4-split screens).
4. Mechanics-free construction means greater reliability
- No mechanical design is required for the pan, tilt and zoom functions of the lens, which gives it greater reliability and eliminates the need for maintenance after installation.
- Durability is far greater than ordinary speed dome cameras.
- An IP66 Waterproof Certified design allows installation under eaves or outdoor areas exposed to wind and rain.
5. Three types of image compression formats for greater usability
- Compatible with multiple codecs such as H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG. Video recording and still image capturing is also possible. Market standard software is planned to be used for playback.
6. Useful functions during installation
- Compatible with both existing DC 12V power supplies and PoE power supplies, allowing the freedom for customers to choose under their system setups.
- A mini-jack terminal has been incorporated for making adjustments during installation, and a simple analogue video output allows captured images to be checked on-site.
7. Other features
- Audio input / output support. A built-in microphone can be used to record audio along with video images.
- Aluminum die-cast mold used for the camera body for increased robustness
- Stylish and compact design.
- Comes with anti-drop wire, wall-attachment adapter, and a circular cover.