Published on 13 May, 2014
AMAG Technology, an access control, IP video and intrusion management (IDS) solution provider, announces that its Symmetry™ 7.0.1 access control system integrates with Genetec Omnicast 4.8 IP Video Management System (VMS).
The Symmetry Omnicast Plug-in enables video rendering on Symmetry SMS clients for live and archive sources, PTZ control of live cameras, event handling, video tagging for VMS alarms and events, and video search and playback control.
“The Symmetry integration to Genetec Omnicast VMS provides AMAG end users with a powerful video option for their security management system,” said AMAG Technology, Product Manager, Jim Murray. “Symmetry’s robust yet easy to use GUI mapping interface coupled with the Omnicast plug-in is designed for organisations of any size from large multi-nationals and government agencies to offices, medical complexes and universities.”
The integration provides many benefits for AMAG end users:
- Receives alarms and events generated by the Omnicast 4.8 IP Video Management System for use within Symmetry via event mappings
- Video tagging via commands sent from the Symmetry Command Center, Trigger Commands and Scheduled Commands
- Video tagging for pre and post-alarms and events
- Video search and full playback of tagged video
- View live or recorded video from the Virtual Matrix
- View live or recorded video from the interactive graphical maps
- Video sequencing and camera tour facility
- PTZ control over PTZ enabled cameras
Symmetry is an advanced Access Control System, with integrated Video Management and Alarm Management system. The Symmetry™ Security Management System is a solution that provides intelligent networked solutions scaled to manage access control and security management challenges from small, remote facilities to multi-national organisations around the world. Symmetry offers users the next generation of security solutions, bringing the core aspects of building security to intelligent, unified solutions. The cutting edge technology within every Symmetry installation ensures ‘tight integration’ where there is seamless multi-way communication between the various technologies all on one single platform.