One of North America's largest investors, owners, and managers of commercial real estate has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development, and management. An enthusiastic desire to understand and meet the needs of retail and office tenants drives this company to create exciting shopping venues and professional hassle-free office environments. With a multi-billion dollar portfolio and close to 100 properties including many landmark developments, physical security is a critical consideration for this company.
Not only does this company require cutting edge solutions that will protect office employees, mall employees, visitors, and shoppers, but they must also provide a means for their tenants to have the best and most cost-effective solution for asset and personnel protection.
The decision-making team researched over 300 physical security solutions comprising digital video recorders and network video solutions, as well as access control solutions based on both tradition-al infrastructure and IP. A prime consideration throughout this process was that the chosen solution integrated with other applications to take them beyond standard video and access control to incorporate future technologies and provide a continuing stream of added benefits for both the tenants and the system owners.
Early in the process, it was clear the best system would be an IP-based unified video and access control solution that shared resources, had a single graphical user interface, and would provide the features and benefits that would grow with them as their needs changed and expanded.
The DVTEL Solution
DVTEL was selected to head up the group of solution providers, which included HID Global for all access control points. DVTEL’s Latitude handily met the end user’s need for a unified and flexible video and access control solution.
Over 30 sites will deploy a combination of existing cameras and completely new systems. Encoders are employed to make use of existing equipment. IP cameras are used in all installations which were being expanded and in all newly implemented sites. IP Access Control using Latitude and HID’s VertX solution was implemented. The requirement was to access and manage data from over 1000 cam-eras and 1500 doors.
Other integrated systems included an intercom system, License Plate Recognition, people counting video analytics, and Building Automation.
|DVTEL was selected to head up the group of solution providers, which included HID Global for all access control points
- Video Analytics – tenants can choose special analytics to meet their needs
- Database partitioning without the expense of separate systems, the owner can offer each tenant access to their own se-cured video and access control data.
- People Counting – for reporting foot traffic in a retail area. The end user is able to better cost-justify lease rates per square foot based on accurate, recent data.
- Monitoring Services – A recurring revenue model for both the video and access control systems. DVTEL Global Client delivers one system coast to coast and the ability to section off systems for tenant privacy, including HVAC and lighting control.
- Solution ensures a safe, secure environment and uniform level of security for all
- Property management firm provides more protection, more services, and an opportunity for increased revenue.
- Video analytics integration enables in-formed decisions about adjusting tenant rents in correlation with foot traffic data.
- Existing equipment (including networking, storage and servers) already in place reduces total system costs
- Networked-based Solution – no need to duplicate infrastructure
- Open Standards Platform – integrate to multiple systems
- Increased Security and Operational Benefits – enables additional security measures, location to location and to alert local authorities if a security breach
- Training – Recorded video and audio is an excellent training tool to enhance customer satisfaction and improve response to security threats
- Customer Service – Systems “talking” to each other shows spikes in activity so that personnel can be deployed to areas with the greatest need.
- Access control – Allows tenants to move seamlessly between multiple buildings with a single card
- License Plate Recognition – assists local authorities to find and process known criminals, maintain an ongoing database of in/outbound traffic, and aid with customer service issues such as identifying a person who is an important client or other person of interest.