|Brivo provides the ability to view multiple locations at once
The Jones Group Inc. Brian David, Security Manager, NYC, NY.
Protection One, Fire and Security Services, and Peace of Mind Security have all provided integration and installation expertise on this on-going project.
Key Brivo benefits for property management customers
- Remote, “always on” system access
- Manage one facility or hundreds, around the world
- Reduce costs by reducing needed security personnel, while increasing security
- Unify all personnel under one credential managed through one system interface
- Multiple administrators can easily manage thousands of records
- Create and manage hundreds of user groups, each with different access privileges
The Jones Group Inc. (NYSE: JNY) or “Jones,” is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories. Some of its more recognisable brands include Jones New York, Nine West,Stuart Weitzman, and Anne Klein, among others. The company maintains production, distribution, and retail facilities throughout the US and around the world.
“The technology in Brivo’s web-based system allows us to minimize the number of personnel we need devoted to security"
“We wanted a remote, web-based system that would enable us to control multiple locations at once. One of our goals is to unite all of our brands by creating a strong and secure global badge, a consistent form of identification throughout the company,” explained Brian David, Security Manager for The Jones Group.
“Unlike a proprietary system, the technology in Brivo’s web-based system allows us to minimize the number of personnel we need devoted to security, and in turn enables us to be a more efficient and secure company.”
Jones began installing Brivo ACS WebService in 2008 and now has cloud-based access control installed in six of its New York City facilities, a facility in Pennsylvania, and another in California, among others.
|The Jones Group are now able to view all activity in their facilities
Jones utilises Brivo to manage approximately 225 doors, a number which will increase substantially as other buildings are brought on-line. In New York City alone, the company relies on Brivo to secure 25 floors in several different buildings.
The company has plans to expand the Brivo access control management system to include its office facility in White Plains, NY and a number of distribution centers as well.
- Currently, The Jones Group utilises Brivo ACS WebService to manage access for 225 doors, with plans to scale that number to as many as the company needs to unify all employees in all locations under one credential.
- “The Brivo system is extremely convenient and makes constant access possible,” David commented. “I recommend Brivo’s technology and service. Our goal is one system and one screen, and with Brivo we will be able to accomplish that.”
- Installation of Brivo technology has resulted in substantial savings by minimising the number of personnel devoted to security, while enabling Jones to be a more efficient and secure company.
- Brivo provides The Jones Group the ability to run multiple reports to view all activity in the company’s facilities, and to look for patterns which may suggest something is amiss.
- Jones staff utilize the system’s alert feature to notify them about temperature fluctuations, power failures, and other critical events for which they want immediate information.
- Soon, Jones will begin integrating video surveillance into their Brivo system.