|Johnson Controls DVNs and Pelco cameras ensure safe and secure environment at mall
Centro Comercial Lider is a new 430,556 square foot retail and entertainment complex situated near the busy La California Metro station in Caracas, Venezuela. The complex consists of 300 commercial stores, 20 international restaurants, 20 local food restaurants, three exposition areas to accommodate large events, 10 theatres, and 1,800 parking spaces. About 50,000 people visit the complex each day.
Centro Comerical Lider desired a single point of contact for integration of all their building systems. Within these systems, a major emphasis was placed on the need for an integrated command center to monitor security, fire and temperature control systems throughout the complex – with the best technology available. Johnson Controls was selected as the technology supplier for the project after proposing a robust solution that would serve future developments at the site, regardless of which companies supplied the automated control technologies. Lider invested nearly $1 million USD in state-of-the-art building systems, including the IT infrastructure to seamlessly run all business systems, building systems and specialty systems.
- Provide real-time status of critical building operations.
- Ensure maximum reliability of data flow throughout the complex because of the high volume of financial transactions by retail tenants.
- Open architecture to support the future office building and neighbouring existing buildings.
- Reduce energy consumption and avoid peak demand electricity charges.
- Reduce time of response to generate predictive maintenance.
Johnson Controls solutions
- Develop a wired infrastructure throughout the mall with an N2 bus communications network and integrate the Cisco IT network infrastructure, providing a single platform for all building systems integration.
- Install and integrate a Johnson Controls P2000 security management system, two IFC2-3030 Intelligent Fire Control panels, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide sensors for lower parking levels, Johnson Controls DVNs and Pelco cameras, and integrate other security technologies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Integrate a Johnson Controls Metasys building management system with HVAC and electrical controls from other suppliers, so that all technologies are viewable real-time with the control centre.
- Enter into a three-year service agreement to ensure that all sophisticated building equipment operates as designed for maximum comfort, safety and security.
- A universal technology platform that allows building operators to respond quickly to system alerts and resolve potential equipment problems before they impact occupants.
- With equipment controls from multiple vendors speaking a common language, operations staff can implement real-time energy control strategies to reduce energy consumption and avoid the high cost of electricity during peak demand periods.
- Reduced duplication of systems with the infrastructure minimises risk and creates a better, smarter, productive business entity that positively impacts the bottom line.
- Shoppers, retail tenants, and office staff are able to enjoy a safe, comfortable environment because all building systems perform consistently and reliably