Published on 20 February, 2015
ECKey, the market leader in Smartphone readers and access control systems, recently announced the ECKey VP1 reader which is now available for purchase.
The VP1 reader is a complete electronic access control system that eliminates the hassle and expense of panels, cards, readers, software and networks. It works with VIZpin, ECKey’s cloud based SaaS (Security as a Service), that lets users send, revoke and monitor electronic keys anytime from anywhere. The VP1 uses long-range Bluetooth so users can mount it in a secure area, away from weather and vandals or out-of-sight for architecturally and historically sensitive installations.
Other Bluetooth readers only support Bluetooth Smart (aka Bluetooth Low Energy) devices and may only work with the latest iPhones which is less than 25% of the installed base. The VP1 reader is a dual mode Bluetooth reader works with ALL Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth LE devices including flip phones (aka feature phones), Blackberry® and Windows®, Android® and iPhones® solving access needs for 99% of the market; it even works with tablets and PCs. If you can’t predict what type of device your employees, visitors, contractors or vendors have the VP1 has you covered.
- Dual Mode Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy)
- VIZpin LITE web portal for sending, revoking and monitoring electronic keys
- Adjustable read range from 1’-30’ (0.3M to 10M)
- Control Relay Output for Door Strikes, Mag Locks, Gates and Garages
- 26 Bit or 48 Bit Wiegand Output for Access Panel Integration
- Integrated Door Sensor Input with built in logic
- Auxiliary Input for Loop, Motion or Pressure Detector
- Request to Exit Monitored Manual Activation Input
- Remote Admin Button Input for hidden/interior mounting
- External LED Control for hidden/interior mounting
- Tri-Colour LED with external controls
- Low Power 12VDC