Published on 29 April, 2014
|The MorphoAccess® SIGMA unites
the World’s #1 ranked fingerprint
technology with a wide array of
MorphoAccess® SIGMA Series reader submitted by MorphoTrak won the Best of Biometrics Award at the 2014 New Product Showcase (NPS) held by the Security Industry Association at ISC West.
MorphoAccess® SIGMA Series biometric access reader combines three powerful attributes that ultimately contributed to winning the award:
- Industry leading genuine 100K user 1: MANY matcher, leveraging Morpho’s long history of biometric expertise, leadership and NIST#1 ranked algorithms
- More than a decade (12 years) of support for legacy enrolments (databases) created in both Morpho and Bioscrypt product lines, respecting faithful customers and rewarding them for their business by ensuring a smooth transition to the latest and most powerful technology available.
- Incorporating true value-added capabilities on the SIGMA to take the product well beyond traditional access control behaviour, with innovative features including:
- True tablet-like interface and usability
- Media and messaging platform for video content, audio messages, etc.
- Video and audio IP intercom capability allowing the device to be used as a full featured intercom from your smartphone or computer
- Anti-fraud: fake finger & face detection, duress finger
- Support for NFC, iClass, Prox, MiFare, Mifare Plus and DESFire
- IP65 Weather Resistant
“The MorphoAccess® SIGMA is the first device to successfully unite the World’s #1 ranked fingerprint technology with a wide array of recognition factors, videophone features and face capture audit trail,” stated Gary Jones, Director of Biometric Access & Time Solutions at MorphoTrak.
“The award winners in SIA’s New Product Showcase at ISC West present the industry’s leading-edge security solutions,” said SIA CEO Don Erickson. “These technologies and solutions are moving the security industry forward, and I congratulate MorphoTrak on their win at this year’s NPS.”
Since its inception in 1979, the SIA NPS has been the security industry’s premier awards-based program. This year’s NPS Program had 106 entries from 88 companies. The Security Industry Association is the leading trade association for electronic and physical security solution providers.