|Brivo's ACS WebService manages access for CCC’s dorms, administration building, and maintenance buildings
Central Community College is a multi-campus community college serving a 25-county area in central Nebraska. CCC’s three main campuses are located in Columbus, Grand Island, and Hastings. Educational centers are located in Holdrege, Kearney, and Lexington. Additionally, CCC uses a variety of distance learning techniques to provide educational services in some 90 communities in its service area.
Prior to upgrading to Brivo, Central Community College used a combination of lock and key, as well as another access control provider for their access management needs. “From past experience with a different access technology, we knew that customer service with a good turnaround time is quite important to us,” explained Ed Long, Physical Plant Director for CCC.
Bill Mooney of Protex Central provided Long and his team with a demonstration of Brivo’s cloud-based access control solution. “Our first impression was that the Brivo system offers features and functionality that were very impressive and leading edge in the industry,” commented Long. After starting the process of looking to upgrade access management in the spring of 2010, Long and his team had 20 doors on the Brivo platform just over one year later.
To date, Central Community College has installed Brivo ACS WebService in six dorms, an administration building, and in maintenance buildings with plans to expand. Upon completion of this phase, 12 of CCC’s 26 buildings will be managed with Brivo ACS WebService. CCC manages access for more than 500 people - 400 students in the dorms, and staff in the administration and maintenance buildings.
“We’re completely satisfied with the system, and the fact that we can scale to whatever and wherever we need to have access control management”
- Scalability: CCC uses Brivo to manage 12 of its buildings, with plans to extend the advanced cloud-based management capabilities to the majority of its 26 buildings on the 22-acre campus. “We’re completely satisfied with the system, and the fact that we can scale to whatever and wherever we need to have access control management.”
- Flexibility: Students dorms are locked 24/7 to provide an extra measure of security and confidence for students. “We really like the Brivo system’s feature for scheduling access on holidays in the dorms — we can limit access and we have a high level of control,” Long remarked.
- Ease of use: “We’re real happy with the Brivo system. The learning curve was short and sweet, and Bill and Protex have provided great technical support.”
- Granular management control: Long and his administrators manage about 15 separate groups to provide targeted access for students, vendors, and staff. “And if a vendor takes a card home, we can simply shut that card down,” Long explained.
- Lockdown capabilities: “Another big selling point for us is the one button lockdown feature. Our emergency plan and our ability to lockdown the campus is something that comes up quite often. We are able to say with confidence that we have an effective plan.”
ASC WebService cloud-based access control solution that provides reliable, real time control of your facilities. Leverages the power and versatility of the cloud to provide powerful, scalable, secure solutions.