|The Brivo system helps to control access for over 3,000 Barefoot Resort residents, vendors and staff
Barefoot Resort is a sprawling 2,300 acre resort living community that includes 14 communities each with their own pool, four world class golf courses, tennis and basketball courts, bike trails, walking paths, and South Carolina’s largest swimming pool. At the resort, Omni Management Services manages the Master Associations, which include more than 700 single-family homes; oversees resort operations for 2,800 owners; and directs the homeowner associations of five condominium developments totaling 1,000 units.
Starting in 2008, video surveillance was installed at one of the Barefoot property’s clubhouses. At that time, all of the Barefoot communities under Omni Management relied on standard lock and key and telephone access systems for the clubhouses, pools, residential homes and condos. The system was time consuming, inefficient and expensive as Omni worked to re-key doors and manage thousands of metal keys.
Community Association Manager, Pam Basilicato, began investigating a more efficient way to manage access for the many properties she oversees. Joey James of STOP Security introduced Basilicato to the Brivo cloud-based access control system. “This was something we were looking for — a web (hosted) system.” Omni decided to test the Brivo system at two properties, the Barefoot Resort Club and the Clearwater Bay condominiums.
After experiencing the power and flexibility of the Brivo system, Basilicato and James began installing Brivo at additional properties, “I was thrilled, we were used to the Brivo system; we liked it. We didn’t hesitate at all to install Brivo at additional properties.”
Brivo cloud-based access control has already been installed at the Barefoot Residents Club, the Clearwater Bay Condominium Clubhouse, The Havens condominium pool and at six secured residential buildings, and at both the Willow Bend and Heron Bay complex pools.
Barefoot Resort’s management team has not only ensured greater safety and security in their community, but they’ve improved staff productivity and raised the level of customer satisfaction. “They’re thrilled we’re more efficient and meeting their needs”.
|The Brivo system enhances security and improves staff productivity at Barefoot Resort
- With their Brivo system, Omni controls access for over 3,000 Barefoot Resort residents, vendors, staff, and temporary visitors to clubhouses, pools, and residential buildings.
- Basilicato has created groups for residents of each of the separate properties, for vendors who need 24/7 access, for management, a host of other vendors, and for those working on temporary projects within the resort. Each group is programmed for specific day, time, and location access, based on their needs.
- The Brivo system provides Barefoot residents with much greater security, but advantages go well beyond that. “Now, we have control from one location. It makes my day-to-day easier, and I’m much more productive. We are constantly getting called by our residents and guests, and now it’s easy to take care of their access needs. I’ve had no difficulty over the years convincing any of my Boards to adopt the Brivo system. They’re thrilled we’re more efficient and meeting their needs,” Basilicato said.
- In addition to standard access control, Basilicato and her team run activity log reports to see who is going where after hours and identifying instances when residents are attempting access where and when they should not be doing so.
- Basilicato now enjoys greater control at the click of a few computer keys, “For temporary projects, I can activate a card or a fob corresponding just to the length of the project. When the project is completed, that access is deactivated — that’s another great thing about Brivo.”
- Residents or guests going into areas that are off-limits, “If I’m told someone is in the pool at 1:00 am, I can see whose cards were used or were attempted to be used. Brivo gives me all the info I need to take proper, informed action. I’ve used the reports function quite a bit,” Basilicato explained.
ASC WebService Cloud-based access control solution that provides reliable, real time control of your facilities. Leverages the power and versatility of the cloud to provide powerful, scalable, secure solutions.