A10 Networks, Inc., the technology leader in Application Networking, recently announced its AX Series Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) are officially supported by NEC Corporation’s MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation.
Used by data centre service providers and enterprises, MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation is a cloud platform application that helps automate planning, rollout, and operation of cloud environments, which are becoming larger and more complex to manage. AX Series is now supported by the software as an ADC resource capable of providing centralised control and automatic management of physical and virtual servers, storage and networks. A10’s AX Series is the first third-party ADC supported by MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation.
With MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation now officially supporting AX Series, software users have a wider selection of ADCs that can be automatically managed. This will enable network and server administrators to automate operations for changing network settings, resulting in a substantial reduction of time and effort in operations and management. In addition, by using AX Series in tandem with NEC’s OpenFlow switch controllers or products from other companies, a cloud service can be offered in a software-defined networking (SDN) environment, enabling better optimisation of costs.
A10 will promote its AX Series SDN solution to customers as an integrated platform with MasterScope. A10 and NEC will also roll out solutions combining products from both companies in domestic and overseas markets.
Overview of Integration of MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation with AX Series
- AX Series accepts resource allocation and configuration operations performed by the cloud administrator via MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation through an API, and provisions ADC resources to the cloud as needed.
- AX Series configures ADC services within the network controlled by MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation, and provides high-performance application services in the SDN environment. Integration with AX Series enables high-quality ADC functions to be embedded within solutions.
- Users of MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation will be able to manage ADC resources from a centralised management user interface.
NEC’s decision to officially support AX Series in MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation is based on the following:
- AX Series has a strong track record of being deployed in data centres.
- AX Series has supported virtualisation features since its introduction.
- For over four years, many Japanese clients have deployed AX Series, reflecting A10’s commitment to the Japanese market.
"NEC is proud to have successfully integrated its MasterScope Virtual DataCenter Automation cloud platform software and A10 Networks’ AX Series," said Akinori Itou, General Manager, System Software Division, NEC. "This partnership has received strong support by many customers who want an integrated solution. As more businesses start using the cloud, service providers could face difficulties and challenges when implementing complex network operations. We will leverage the strengths of the products of both companies to enable simpler network operations and provide customers with a highly reliable and convenient cloud environment that operates smoothly.”
"We have been collaborating for over three years with NEC on integrating MasterScope with our products," said Raj Jalan, CTO for A10 Networks. "Virtualisation is now at the centre of cloud computing and we are seeing more networking functions moved to a virtualised infrastructure and the network increasingly controlled by software. Moving forward, we will work closely with NEC to leverage the flexible architecture of the A10 Thunder and AX Series to implement solutions required to meet our customers’ needs.”