|The OMNIKEY 5321 CR USB Reader is an IP67 certified dustproof and waterproof contactless PC-linked smart card reader|
HID Global, a trusted leader in solutions that deliver secure identity, will showcase its latest advances in physical and logical access solutions that help organisations achieve regulatory compliance at Infosecurity Europe Conference and Exhibition. Also, Volker Kunz, HID Global's Director of Sales, Continental Europe, Identity & Access Management, will present on the benefits and pitfalls of smart card technology during an Infosecurity Europe track session.
HID Global will demonstrate a variety of products based around its award-winning HID on the Desktop solution, including smart card technology, next-generation OMNIKEY readers and naviGO credential management software in Stand #E42 at Earls Court from 27-29 April 2010.
Key HID Global demonstrations at Infosecurity Europe include:
HID Executive, Volker Kunz, will present during the Infosecurity conference on optimising smart card technology
- HID on the Desktop - HID on the Desktop allows organisations to leverage existing physical access cards to deploy an additional layer of security using smart card technology, PKI and digital certificates for those seeking an advanced yet convenient security solution to meet privacy and regulatory compliance standards. As a three-component solution - Genuine HID contact and contactless smart cards, readers and credential management software - HID on the Desktop provides corporate enterprises and government agencies with the flexibility to deploy the most "risk-appropriate" authentication solution based on their unique security requirements. The demonstration will step attendees through the entire HID on the Desktop experience, from issuing the credential to accessing a desktop computer.
- Genuine HID Credential Solutions - Crescendo and other Genuine HID technology contactless and contact smart cards enable users to seamlessly manage multiple applications and migration projects through a single credential containing diverse technologies.
- Next-Generation Readers - OMNIKEY Readers, including desktop readers with contact and/or contactless interface and readers to support today's mobile workforce, offer one-stop shopping for ready-to-use PC smart card reader devices. OMNIKEY products are designed to support any PC/SC based smart card interface on a variety of operating systems. The OMNIKEY 5321 CR USB Reader is an IP67 certified dustproof and waterproof contactless PC-linked smart card reader for enhanced data security in "clean room" environments.
- Credential Management Software - HID Global's naviGO software allows the addition of logical access functionality to cards regardless of the existing physical access control system or IT infrastructure. naviGO received the highest possible rating - an A rating - from Veracode, making it the only credential management software code to receive this independent validation.
- Compatibility with McAfee Endpoint Encryption - Crescendo smart cards and OMNIKEY brand readers have been successfully tested for compatibility with McAfee Endpoint Encryption. Through its inclusion in the McAfee Security Innovation Alliance (SIA), McAfee users can further leverage HID Global's converged solutions for logical and physical access.
During an Infosecurity Europe track session, HID Global will discuss the company's inside perspectives on smart card technology:
Volker Kunz, HID Global's Director of Sales, Continental Europe, Identity & Access Management, will present "Smart Cards: Weighing up the Pitfalls and the Benefits" - where he will provide insight into the key benefits of using smart cards for identity and access management, share inside perspectives of some of the major issues around smart card deployment, and provide attendees tips on how to maximise their smart card technology while avoiding pitfalls. This track session presentation will be held at 13.20 GMT on 27 April 2010 in the Technical Theatre stream at Earls Court.
To schedule an interview or for specific questions regarding the exclusive media and analyst-only Q&A session during Infosecurity Europe, email Paula Tienza or call +44 (0) 7920 562 846.