Smart video monitoring demands purpose-built drives. The Seagate® portfolio of video storage drives are designed to improve surveillance system reliability and drive lifespan, reducing security system costs and supporting video analytics.
Surveillance HDDSeventh generation of customised surveillance storageThe seventh-generation 4TB Seagate® Surveillance HDD (formerly SV35 Series™) addresses the need for high-resolution cameras and camera counts, and ensures cost-effective performance and durability in always-on surveillance systems.
- 4TB of storage capacity supports up to 16 drives and 32 cameras per system
- Precision-tuned for surveillance workloads with high write work cycles
- Reliably performs in multi-drive systems with RAID support
- Rotational vibration sensors for reliable performance
- Customise power settings to best support motion-activated cameras with Idle 3 support
Video HDD vs Desktop Hard Drive
Build Better Video Surveillance Systems
The Surveillance HDD features storage power for the latest video surveillance systems.
- Build scalable systems to support large streaming workloads with support for ATA streaming and up to 32 cameras
- Surveillance-optimised firmware improves drive reliability up to 30% and can reduce data loss
- Ready to work 24×7 supporting up to 400+ hours of high definition content
- 1M hours MTBF
Video Surveillance and the Demand for Purpose-Built Systems
With improvements in motion
sensing cameras, the Surveillance
HDD now includes settings
that can ensure your drive is
ready when your system
needs to record
Consistent Performance in Multi-Drive Surveillance Systems
Improve your drive reliability with drives built for surveillance applications that include the flexibility to scale as your data grows. The addition of rotational vibration sensors allows the Surveillance HDD to maintain performance through system vibrations and support RAID configurations in the growing NVR and standalone-DVR segments.
- The addition of RV sensors allows drives to reliably perform in systems with up to 16 drives
- RV sensors in a RAID environment improve system vibration tolerance
- Support for up to 32 cameras recording in high definition
Improved Time-To-Ready for Motion Sensing Cameras
As drive technology evolves, so do the applications that leverage them. With improvements in motion sensing cameras, the Surveillance HDD now includes settings that can ensure your drive is ready when your system needs to record.
- Idle 3 power setting allows immediate recording when motion sensing is detected in a camera
- Quick time-to-ready requires smaller system buffer sizes, reducing cost
Optimising Video Surveillance System Reliability and Performance
Surveillance Hard Drives with Enterprise-Class Reliability
Surveillance HDDs are engineered for high write workloads and multiple video stream recording with these features:
- Industry-leading MTBF of >1M hours; AFR of <1%
- RV sensors for improved reliability and performance in multi-drive systems with RAID support
- 3-year limited warranty
Review options in the Surveillance Drive Selection Guide