|G4S will have more than 500 of its staff available to give safety and security advice and help everyone enjoy the festivities
Events specialists G4S will be on hand this Hogmanay to help ensure the 80,000 revellers in Edinburgh’s world-famous streets enjoy a safe start to 2014.
This will be the 20th year G4S Events has provided security and safety management services at Hogmanay, and the company will have more than 500 of its staff available to give safety and security advice and help everyone enjoy the festivities.
As Edinburgh prepares to enjoy a variety of events including a special concert by The Pet Shop Boys, the Kelidh and the Torchlight Procession, G4S is reminding guests of top safety tips on how to make the most of the festival such as wearing warm clothing; drinking responsibly; keeping personal property secure, and planning journeys home in advance.
G4S Events managing director Eric Alexander said, “As the dedicated security partners for Hogmanay 2013, G4S will have more than 500 stewards in Edinburgh helping to ensure that the festivities are safe and secure. We’re delighted to be part of this event and our team will be on hand to ably assist you with any questions. “
“Remember, regardless of the forecast, this is Scotland in December and late at night, so please wrap up in warm, waterproof clothes. I would urge revellers to heed advice from our stewards – who’ll all be wearing G4S-branded high visibility jackets -so that everyone has an enjoyable Hogmanay experience to remember.”
Top tips for seeing the New Year in safely include:
- Do follow instructions given by the event organisers
- Do wear warm, waterproof clothing
- Do keep an eye out for each other and designate a meeting point if you should become separated
- Do plan in advance how to get home
- Do drink responsibly as people under the influence of too much alcohol may be refused entry
- Don’t bring glass (including bottles) or cans into the events arena; there will be bars where drink can be purchased
- Don’t bring children to the Hogmanay Street Party
- Don’t turn up after 11pm as entrants will not be admitted