|Teleste’s DOCSIS Access Hub DAH extends IP network inside buildings
Teleste to showcase its portfolio of products and services at IBC 2013 during September 12-17, 2013, Stand No. 4.B77
With ever-growing number of subscribers and content online, all-IP networks are today’s trend. Lack of bandwidth is becoming a major problem for the development of future television, as digital media content often requires at least 30 Mbps bandwidth.
By bringing fibre connections to an apartment building (FttB) and utilising existing coaxial cables for enabling IP delivery to individual apartments, the cost of building fibre level broadband connections can be reduced to one fifth compared to using fibre all the way.
With its extensive portfolio of products and services, Teleste offers cost-efficient solutions from headend and transcoding to in-home networking over IP using existing coaxial cabling - all the way from headend to home.
DOCSIS Access Hub DAH
Shortlisted at the CSI Awards 2013, the DOCSIS Access Hub DAH provides a solution for introducing high-speed broadband connections to coaxial cable networks. It makes a perfect tool to extend IP network inside apartment buildings and hotels by utilising existing coaxial cable infrastructure.
- Advanced management tools allowing free capacity allocation
- 16 downstream and 4 upstreams channels
- Supported downstream modulations: QAM64, QAM256, QAM1024
- Supported upstream modulations: QPSK, QAM16, QAM64, QAM256
- Capacity of 960 Mbps downstream and 160 Mbps upstream
- Remote configuration and management
- Integrated power supply, amplifier and level 2 switch
- Available interfaces: Optical interface SFP slot, Ethernet 2xGbE copper and Coax PG11