|Eight world-renowned speakers will make presentations at the world class CIVSEC Summit
The critical civil security challenges facing Australia during the next three to five years will be put under the spotlight at the CIVSEC 2016 Summit.
Setting the scene for the CIVSEC 2016 congress
This high-level event will set the scene for the CIVSEC 2016 congress (conferences, seminars and workshop sessions that follow) and ignite the intellectual energy that will drive them.
The summit will be chaired and moderated by the CEO of the Australia New Zealand Police Advisory Agency, Jon White.
An internationally renowned panel
The summit's panel will comprise nationally and internationally renowned leaders in the areas of security, national sovereignty and the protection of communities.
Among them is the senior police officer responsible for national security, Deputy Commissioner Michael Phelan of the Australian Federal Police and the formal Director-General of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, David Irvine.
In all, eight speakers will make presentations at this world class event:
- Mr Peter Jennings, Executive Director - Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI)
- Professor Peter Leahy, Director - National Security Institute, University of Canberra
- Dr Kumar Ramakrishna, Head of Policy Studies - S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Ian Fletcher, Former Director NZ Government Communications Security Bureau
- Professor Greg Barton, Chair in Global Islamic Politics - Deakin University
- Professor Amin Saikal, Director - Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies - Australian National University
The summit will be the centrepiece event of the CIVSEC 2016 congress.
CIVSEC 2016 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre May 31st - June 1st