|The Corporation selected ProSYS Security System with integrated access control and IP|
An important Power Utility Corporation from the central region of Chile required an integrated security system to protect their remote sites. These sites are responsible for power distribution in their region and contain expensive equipment. Vandalism at these sites caused costly damage in the supply, control and transmission of electricity to businesses and households.The challenge
The Corporation's numerous remote sites are responsible for distributing and managing the electrical supply. At many sites, the personnel visiting and working are sub-contractors of different levels; they enter the site, perform their tasks and leave. Safeguarding of the sites together with enabling smooth operation of the sub-contractors is a major challenge. Sub-contractors need access to specific areas according to their authorisation level, while other areas in the site remain secured. The Corporation required a solution incorporating security, access control, and extensive diagnostic capabilities together with a remote control and management tool in order to protect the remote sites.The solution
The ProSYS includes fully integrated access control for managing up to 16 gates/readers
The Corporation selected RISCO Group's
ProSYS™ Security System with integrated access control, IP and GPRS backup communication and outdoor Bus devices of the highest functionality. Each remote site consists of ProSYS™
with IP and GPRS communication, access control, external Bus sounders and WatchOUT™ Outdoor detectors installed on the ProSYS™ Bus. Bus devices allow remote control of all device parameters and advanced diagnostics from the Corporation's central monitoring station.
The central monitoring station is located in a central city in the region in which RISCO Group's IP/GSM Receiver is installed. The IP/GSM Receiver together with the ProSYS™ Upload/Download Software enable to remotely control and diagnose the hundreds of remote sites related to the project - all from one location with minimum personnel and maximum effectiveness.
The access control system incorporated in the security solution enables managing up to 8 partitions in each site. Each partition has its own access code and allows granting access to personnel according to their task on-site. This enables the Security Guard in the central station to monitor different groups of sub-contractors working during the same time at different places, as well as acting upon specific cases at a certain site. Any deviation from normal working procedures is reported immediately via IP to the central control station allowing immediate action to take effect. An additional security measure was taken in each site with a complementary installation of a video system for visual verification of the events.The highlights
- The ProSYS™ systems include 8 partitions, each assigned to a different area with different access codes and cards. Each partition is totally independent allowing subcontractors to enter the site and disarm the ProSYS™ by sector without compromising the security of other sectors.
- The ProSYS™ systems are controlled and managed via TCP/IP from the central station via the Upload/Download software, while reporting is done to the IP/GSM Receiver Software.
- The communication channels used are encrypted TCP/IP and GPRS, SMS and Data.
- The ProSYS™ includes fully integrated access control for managing up to 16 gates/readers.
- The solution includes RISCO Group's professional detectors for both indoor and outdoor protection. Outdoor sounders connected via Bus enable full bi-directional remote control and diagnosis from the Central Station.
- Remote sites may also be monitored in real-time using RISCO Group's SynopSYS™ Security & Building Management Platform.
Customer's point of view
According to the customer, RISCO Group's solutions did not only fulfil all requirements, but have exceeded its needs. The requirements were all met successfully in a cost-effective and reliable manner that exceeded the Corporation's expectations.