|SNB-5000 fixed camera incorporated with Samsung's WiseNet1 DSP chipset|
Samsung has introduced a new range of true day/night ONVIF compliant H.264 HD megapixel cameras with built-in licence-free Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) capability.
The SNB-5000 fixed camera, the SND-5080 internal mini dome and the SNV-5080 vandal resistant dome all share a long list of features which allow users to gain maximum benefit from the very latest megapixel camera technology thanks to the incorporation of Samsung's WiseNet1 DSP chipset, which has been specifically designed for HD megapixel network domes and cameras.
The H.264, MPEG4, MJPEG and JPEG compression methods incorporated into the WiseNet1 DSP provides users with the ability to simultaneously transmit images to multiple locations at various frame rates and at different resolutions, including 1.3 megapixel (1280 x 1024), 16:9 HD (1280 x 720), QVGA (320 x 240), SVGA (800x 600) and VGA (640 x 480).
With such a wide range of compression methods and resolutions to choose from, a number of different users, if authorised, will be able to simultaneously monitor live images at one location, record video evidence at another or view live and recorded images on a Smartphone. At the same time JPEG images of an incident can be attached to an alarm email notification with the additional facility of storing pre- and post-alarm images on a camera's internal SD memory card.
Samsung will be introducing a ‘flat' dome to its ONVIF compliant H.264 HD megapixel camera range in October
Dual Ethernet and BNC connectivity as standard provides an upgrade path for hybrid security systems and allows the cameras and domes to be easily set up using standard test monitors. What's more, the WiseNet1 DSP chipset contained within the cameras and domes features third generation Samsung Super Noise Reduction (SSNRII) which eliminates noise in low light conditions saving up to 70% on the recording device as well as maximising use of available bandwidth.
The built-in licence-free Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) capability includes optical tripwire and enter/exit direction detection as well as an Appear/Disappear function to detect the movement of objects. IVA also has a scene change tampering function which creates an alert if, for example, paint is sprayed on a camera lens or there is unauthorised movement of a camera away from its usual field of view.Other key features include:
- The latest CMOS image sensor which achieves clearer images than a normal megapixel CCD, especially in low light conditions.
- Progressive scan which provides a much higher quality of video capture - especially of moving objects. The well defined horizontal lines make it possible, for example, to read car number plates on moving vehicles without the motion blur effect.
- SSDR Samsung's Super Dynamic Range which automatically increases dark photoelectric signals whilst retaining bright signals. As a result, dark spots within an image become more visible for accurate monitoring.
- Full compatibility with Samsung's license free NET-i viewer Centralised Management Software (CMS), which provides out-of-the-box network capability for all connected Samsung products.
- Four point polygonal privacy zones.
- Bi-directional audio support.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet).
- An extensive range of accessories and brackets to provide a choice of wall, pole, parapet, pendant, corner and in-ceiling mounts.
Available from all Samsung distributors, the SNB-5000, SND-5080 and SNV-5080 are offered with full support services from Samsung Techwin Europe Ltd., including free system design, free technical support and a full three-year warranty.
In October 2010, Samsung will be introducing a ‘flat' dome to its ONVIF compliant H.264 HD megapixel camera range. Designed for discreet surveillance applications, the new dome will share many of the features incorporated into the SNB-5000, SND-5080 and SNV-5080.
Download PDF Version