Published on 7 Apr, 2010
|Demonstrations of Commend security and communications products will be available at IFSEC|
At IFSEC 2010, Commend UK, the integrated intercom solutions provider, will launch the Intercom 2.0 ‘Series WS' range of highly reliable wall mounted intercom stations to the security market.
Series WS includes a family of innovative vandal resistant Intercom units, which bring together the latest in sound, vision, control and design technology. The units are designed to enhance safety and security in public places such as lifts, car parks, airports, stations and residential buildings.
These can be readily integrated into most existing fire and security systems, including CCTV, access control, voice, PA and emergency help points. Just one CAT 5 cable incorporates voice, video and power for ease of installation, and space and energy efficiency.
The units operate using Commend's highly-secure intercom over internet protocol (IoIP). Its bespoke software can be easily configured via IP, meaning that trained installers can make changes quickly and remotely.
The intercom solutions can be readily integrated into most existing fire and security systems, including CCTV and access control
New 16kHz bandwidth means that speech quality and clarity are assured, even in stringent ambient noise environments, and certain units include built-in colour video cameras, or TFT monitors to enable operators to see and hear to whom they are talking.
The electronics in the new vandal resistant Series WS intercom stations are protected by a durable high-grade steel front plate with such innovations as ‘poke protection', special screws to further protect against vandalism and the ability to sound an alarm at the control if the unit is tampered with. Each unit is certified to IP 65 (and IK 07 for the vandal resistant stations) such that performance will not be affected by extreme weather conditions, dirt or dust.
Commend will be showing the complete Series WS range, with solutions designed specifically to suit a variety of purposes. For the healthcare sector for example, Commend has designed a membrane protected wipe down version, for town centres a vandal resistant robust station and for residential properties the aesthetic, multi-functional range including an optional handset.
Commend will also be exhibiting the following related technologies:
- ComWIN - The custom-made Graphical User Interface (GUI) that gives control room operators an interactive map of their Intercom system.
- ComREPORTER - A reporting software tool with the ability to export statistical data for detailed analysis of all activity of the Commend system.
- The GE 800/GE 300 - A new generation of IP intercom servers with 16kHz voice, video and control capabilities that are easy to set up and expand, and readily compatible with new and legacy systems.
- Intercom client - Graphical representation of a master station, including video.
- A control desk simulation on the stand will demonstrate the ComWIN family and intercom client, each integrated to all equipment on the stand.
Throughout the show, interactive demonstrations of new and existing Commend security and communications products will be available, at stand number C25, Hall 4.