Published on 24 May, 2010
|The DT-X30GR-30C surveillance terminal was developed using ISO 13407 human-centred design processes|
displayed its ‘JetMate' ANPR software on the Casio DT-X30 hand-held computer at IFSEC 2010
The JetMate software allows the DT-X30 to become a fully portable hand-held ANPR system running CitySync's internationally respected ANPR recognition engine with a choice of Windows CE or Windows Mobile.
JetMate speeds up the process of collecting vehicle number plates in the field by up to 30 times. The number plates can be immediately checked against a database or downloaded depending on the application.
The DT-X30 is pointed at the number plate of a stationary vehicle and reads it. An image of the camera view and the plate patch are displayed on screen, along with the interpreted plate details.
The device can also contain a ‘hit list' of 100 million wanted vehicles and once the number plate is captured it can be compared against the hit list in real time. If a match is found then an audible warning tone is sounded along with an appropriate message or information displayed on screen.
CitySync filed for an EU patent in 2001 for a hand-held Automatic Number Plate Recognition security device which was granted in 2004
CitySync filed for an EU patent in 2001 for a hand-held Automatic Number Plate Recognition device which was granted in 2004.
The DT-X30GR-30C terminal was developed using ISO 13407 human-centred design processes. The grip-type shape is easy to hold, and key input and scanning are effortless. The display uses a Casio original 3.5 inch advanced 2-way colour LCD, offering excellent visibility even outdoors. It also boasts superior durability and performance in a variety of tough environments. For example, it is IP67 rated dust/splash proof, can withstand the shock of a fall of 1.8 metres, and has an operating temperature range of -20 °C to +50 °C. With these specifications, users can be confident in all outdoor conditions - in the rain, in bright sunlight, or in the extreme cold. The perfect handheld computer for Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) and the police, the DT-X30 has a very high specification:
- Wireless WAN (EDGE/GPRS/GSM) useful for reports from loading and delivery sites.
- Wireless LAN (802.11b/g) useful for pre-departure and post-return operations.
- Wireless PAN (Bluetooth) useful for connection to portable barcode printers, etc.
- GPS valuable as a tool to let office management staff know the driver's current location.
- 2.0-megapixel digital camera with auto focus takes sharp photos.
- High capacity battery (7.4V, 2,000mAh) and low power consumption design mean that the unit is ready for long hours of continuous use.
- Incorporates a file system that ensures that user data is not lost even when problems such as battery depletion arise.
- MicroSD (SDHC) card slot handy for augmenting storage capacity.
In addition to the DT-X30GR-30C, there are four other models in the DT-X30 series. They are perfect for use in broad range of applications, wherever real time data communication is required. For example, the DT-X30 series is ideal for courier or post office parcel delivery management, store delivery management, parking enforcement, traffic infringement citations, metre readings, inspections, warehousing, and lots more.