| A major transit authority in Singapore selected EverFocus Mobile Networking |
SBS Transit is Singapore's largest public bus transport operator with a fleet of more than 2,700 buses(90% of the market). They wanted to find a surveillance solution could; prevent crime on bus, collect evidence when accidents occured, stop private cars that infringe bus lane and help the management team understand the health status of each bus and position easily.
Several transportation authorities have chosen CCTV to improve safety and security. In their transit systems, or to view and share real-time information on traffic and road
As a result, they benefit from:
- A safer environment for passengers and staff
- Less vandalism, violence and fraudulent insurance claims
- Real-time access to live and recorded images
- A future-proof, flexible surveillance solution.
The transit authority in Singapore selected EverFocus mobile networking DVR EDR810M, security digital cameras ED300 and EM300E, 5.6" LCD monitor (EN200) for complete video and audio surveillance
for its public bus. Beside the quakeproof and temperature controller, EverFocus utilized the EDR810 DVR connections in Everfocus ED300 and EM300E cameras with the GPS system to integrate the driving record internal of the bus. In order to recognise the incident when it happened, the GPS system integrated by EDR 810M does not only record the traffic accident external of the bus, but also the event inside in effect.
Dome cameras from EverFocus helped to create a safe environment on the buses. In addition, they offer the following capabilities:
- High-quality images that leave no room for misinterpretation
- Built-in tampering alarm that automatically alerts if the camera is manipulated
- Built-in heater to ensure full functionality at all temperatures
As to the SBS Transit saying, not only they can ensure the passengers' and driver's safety, but also they were able to discover use the video surveillance to capture criminal acts on the street.