Published on 28 March, 2012
|The collaboration aims to catalyse the adoption of hybrid IP-based security systems in the video surveillance market
today announced it has joined forces with Sony Corporation
and Altronix Corporation
to accelerate adoption of hybrid IP-based security systems for the video surveillance market.
Video surveillance facts
- According to Instat’s 2011 report, video surveillance equipment revenue will approach $15 billion in 2014, and the market is expected to rapidly move to IP and HD cameras.
- IP camera market growth hinges on providing a solution that reduces video latency and can utilise the existing cable infrastructure.
- Intersil’s SLOC™ (Security Link over Coax) technology enables latency-free analog video + HD IP video over a single coaxial cable. Plus, it provides full functionality using existing coaxial infrastructure.
- To promote rapid adoption of hybrid video solutions into the security market, industry leaders Sony, Intersil and Altronix will demonstrate end-to-end hybrid video solutions.
- The formation of an industry alliance will create an ecosystem for interoperability and standardisation, and accelerate the adoption of hybrid video in the marketplace.
- Demonstrations at ISC West in Las Vegas will preview hybrid security solutions supporting latency-free analogue as well as full HD IP video capabilities. Learn more at the following locations:
o Sony Booth: 22025
o Altronix Booth: 21071
o Intersil Booth: 4107
“Intersil’s SLOC technology is instrumental in the development of hybrid IP video surveillance solutions while providing a high level of value for customers,” said Susan Hardman, Senior Vice President of Intersil’s Analog and Mixed Signal Group. “We believe the future is bright for the security surveillance market and the rapid pace of growth will continue.”
“Hybrid IP solutions enable us to offer a new level of innovation to our customers by bringing Full HD and HD IP solutions to existing analogue SD infrastructure,” said Takashi Honda, Senior General Manager, Visual Security Solution business division at Sony Corporation. “Additionally, hybrid video technology is setting a new standard for performance in the security industry and strongly contributing to the overall transformation of the market.”
“Altronix maintains its focus on providing innovative solutions that support the latest industry trends in IP surveillance deployment,” said Alan Forman, President, Altronix Corp. “The development of our eBridge™ series Ethernet over Coax Adapters incorporating Intersil SLOC technology provide extremely cost-efficient upgrades from analog to IP migration onto a network platform by repurposing legacy coax infrastructure.”