Published on 24 April, 2013
|Arecont Vision was founded by Dr. Michael Kaplinsky and Dr. Vladimir Berezin, pioneers in CMOS sensor technology
Arecont Vision, the industry leader in IP megapixel camera technology, recently announced its 10th anniversary in business. The company was founded on April 3, 2003. A retrospective of the company’s revolutionary advancements in megapixel technology is on display at ISC West, Booth 8043.
Arecont Vision was founded by Dr. Michael Kaplinsky and Dr. Vladimir Berezin, pioneers in CMOS sensor technology. They were confident the company could develop high-resolution IP-based surveillance cameras that would not only be far superior in image quality and resolution to traditional analogue and IP VGA cameras, but they would deliver them at very competitive price points.
“The advent of IP video at the turn of the century presented a unique opportunity to introduce HDTV resolution into video surveillance, where the ability to zoom in on the details of the scene is paramount. Transmitting video as network data enabled the development of cameras and systems with resolutions and frame rates not limited by the old analogue standards, but only the state-of-the-art in on-camera image generation and processing. Ten years ago we have decided to leverage our expertise in megapixel imaging, massively-parallel image processing architectures and computer networking to create low-cost megapixel systems that would forever change video surveillance as we knew it ,” said Dr. Michael Kaplinsky, Founder and CEO, Arecont Vision. “As we enter our second decade, we remain committed to leading the way with megapixel technology that is beyond the imagination of our customers.”
“Michael and I recognised a need that was going unfulfilled in the video surveillance industry, and we had the knowledge required to fill it,” said Dr. Vladimir Berezin, Founder and President, Arecont Vision. “Throughout the past decade, Arecont Vision megapixel technology has been recognised repeatedly as representing a better value proposition than traditional, low-resolution solutions.”
Throughout its first decade, Arecont Vision has consistently introduced first-to-market products, including:
- Apr-2004: 1st Generation products, including the world’s fastest 2-megapixel (MP) network camera.
- Apr-2005: World’s fastest 3-megapixel dual-sensor DayNight™ camera (AV3130).
- Jun-2005: 2nd Generation MegaVideo® products (AV2100, AV3100).
- Mar-2006: World’s first 5-megapixel network camera (AV5100).
- May-2006: World’s first 360° 8-megapixel network camera (AV8360).
- Sep-2006: World’s first 180° 8-megapixel network camera (AV8180).
- Mar-2007: World’s smallest megapixel cameras and 3rd Generation MegaVideo® products.
- Jan-2008: World's first line of H.264 megapixel cameras (AV1305, AV2105, AV3105, AV5105).
- Oct-2008: World’s first H.264 panoramic 8-megapixel 180° and 360° cameras (AV8185, AV8365).
- Jan-2009: MegaDome® line of H.264 megapixel cameras (AV1355, AV2155, AV3155, AV5155).
- Sep-2009: World’s first H.264 Physical Security Interoperability Alliance (PSIA) megapixel camera implementation.
- Sep-2009: World’s first H.264 10-megapixel camera (AV10005).
- Nov-2009: World’s first compact JPEG megapixel cameras.
- Mar-2010: World’s first H.264 Dual Mode 10-megapixel/1080p camera.
- Mar-2010: World’s first compact H.264 megapixel cameras.
- Sep-2010: MegaView® line of H.264 megapixel bullet-style cameras (AV1155, AV2155, AV3155, AV5155).
- Dec-2010: SurroundVideo® DayNight™ H.264 panoramic 8-megapixel 180° and 360° cameras (AV8185DN, AV8365DN).
- Apr-2011: SurroundVideo® DayNight™ H.264 panoramic 20-megapixel 180° and 360° cameras (AV20185DN, AV20365DN).
- Apr-2011: D4F and D4S low cost indoor all-in-one dome camera solutions.
- Mar-2012: Low-cost Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) compact camera.
- Mar-2012: MegaDome® 2 1.3MP, 1080p, 3MP & 5MP with remote focus/zoom, IR and audio capabilities.
- May-2012: MegaView® v1 with total PoE solution.
- Sep-2012: ONVIF Implementation on core single sensor products.
- Sep-2012: MegaDome® 2 10MP camera with remote focus/zoom and IR capabilities.
- Sep-2012: MegaBall™ camera series with Wall and MiniDome configurations.
- Mar-2013: MegaDome® 2 cameras with true WDR capabilities.
- Mar-2013: MegaBall™ cameras with true WDR capabilities.
- Mar-2013: World’s first 12MP 180° WDR panoramic camera (SurroundVideo®).
- Apr-2013: Technology exhibition of MicroDome™ cameras: miniature full-featured megapixel cameras in resolutions of 1.3MP, 1080p, 3MP and 5MP.